Atelier BUDAPEST 2016
The Atelier for Young Festival Managers is an intense 7-day training programme addressed at emerging artistic festival directors or those who have ambitions to get involved in programming or in related departments within a festival. It is about sharing experiences and passing on knowledge to the next generation of festival makers: knowledge about programming a festival, while focusing on the very essence of art festivals – the arts and the artist.
45 young festival managers from all over the world will be selected to participate in the Atelier. Around 10 distinguished festival directors, will each attend for at least two full days and work together with participants throughout the 7 days. In lectures, one-on-one talks, group discussions as well as intense workshops on case studies, issues such as artistic vision, public responsibility, creation and coproduction, internationalisation, networking, renewal and sustainability will be explored.
The Atelier counts 300 alumni from 63 countries after eight Ateliers for Young Festival Managers since 2006 in Goerlitz, Varna, Singapore, Izmir, Ljubljana, Edinburgh, Poznan and Beirut. Participants of the Budapest edition will become part of this unique global network of young festival makers which will grow further after the upcoming Atelier Gwangju 2015.
- Dates, place: 2-8 June 2016, Budapest, Hungary
- Application deadline: 30 June 2015
- Procedure: Submit the Application Form; for selection criteria, application/selection procedure, course fee etc. check the Atelier BUDAPEST 2016 website at www.TheFestivalAcademy.eu
Find out more
- Upcoming Atelier: GWANGJU 2015
- Previous Ateliers: BEIRUT 2015; POZNAN 2014; EDINBURGH 2014; LJUBLJANA 2012; IZMIR 2011; SINGAPORE 2011; VARNA 2009; GOERLITZ 2006
Follow us online
Events Calendar10 / 2021