CALL FOR PAPERS Interpret Europe conference 2014 Heritage Interpretation and Tourism - Enhancing the tourist's experience and benefitting host communities
Saturday 10 to Tuesday 13 May 2014
at Primošten, Croatia
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: 31 DECEMBER 2013
Interpret Europe - European Association for Heritage Interpretation encourages submissions that are related to the main conference theme on 'heritage interpretation and tourism'
If you would like to make a presentation that is not directly related to this theme it could fit into the sessions about interesting developments in the field of heritage interpretation. If you want to share ideas or findings that are significant for the profession, e.g. new approaches, research findings or project reports about interpretation in your country or internationally, your proposal is welcome, too.
Please submit your abstract by 31 December 2013 (your local time).
Please use the on-line form.
Abstracts should include the following:
- Length and type of contribution requested: presentation or interactive workshop
- Working title of the paper (max. 100 characters)
- Summary for the conference programme (max. 1000 characters strictly)
- Aim of the presentation / workshop – how it will contribute to the theme of the conference or to the wider study of interpretation (max. 500 characters)
- Author’s full name, email address and phone number(s)
- Current job title / course and organisation where the author is working / studying
- Résumé of your experience in working with or studying interpretation (max. 400 characters)
- Additional information for interactive workshops:
- Activities planned and materials needed (max. 800 characters; e.g. group work with flip chart, individual work with hand outs etc.)
For fairness and for programme scheduling each accepted paper / workshop must have at least one author who is registered on the conference by 14 February 2014. (Registration will be open from late November / early December).
Any presenter may co-author up to two presented papers or workshops (or one of each), but there must be at least two registered delegates to present them.
Process of selection
First selection round
Only proposals that arrive before 1 January 2014 take part in the first selection round.
A programme committee will review all proposals that arrive on time. The decision of the programme committee will be final. The reviewers may ask for modifications of approach or length to be made if, for example, the abstract fails to support the conference theme or if it fails to present new insights into heritage interpretation (c.f. 'What is heritage interpretation'), or if the programme is already full.
If your submission has been selected, you will be informed by 15 January 2014 at the latest.
Your presentation or workshop will definitely be accepted and scheduled only after your complete registration and payment of either the conference fee or an instalment, which will be due by 14 February.
Second selection round
Depending on the number and quality of proposals that meet the deadline for the first selection round, we may or may not be able to accept late proposals for a second selection round. Details will be published on our website.
The presentations and the results of the workshops will be published on-line in the conference proceedings, which will be available after the event.
Deadline for submission of full papers will be 30 June 2014.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Patrick Lehnes at Interpret Europe:
Events Calendar01 / 2022