UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management, University of Arts in Belgrade - 2015 Applications - September Deadline
MA IN CULTURAL POLICY AND MANAGEMENT
- 24th June 2015
- 18th September 2015
- Milena Dragicevic Šešić, PhD, University of Arts in Belgrade
- Jacques Bonniel, PhD, Université Lumière Lyon 2
University of Arts in Belgrade and Université Lumière Lyon 2 present a joint interdisciplinary MA programme in Cultural Policy and Management (Interculturalism and Mediation in the Balkans), founded in 2002. Accredited by the University Lyon 2 and supported by a number of partner universities, professional organisations and guest experts across Europe, it attracts not only students from the Balkan region, but also those coming from Europe and across the world. For its excellence in promotion of intercultural cooperation and mediating capacities of culture, the MA in Cultural Policy and Management has been named the UNESCO Chair in 2004 and has established highly praised international reputation.
Taught in English and French (consecutively translated into English), the programme provides students with an innovative, stimulating and unique experience and study environment including:
- Interdisciplinary curriculum implemented through interactive, project making, problem-solving and research-based teaching methods,
- Seminars and workshops designed to help the student develop wider contextual understanding, research skills and awareness of professional issues, as well as critical thinking, creative insight, and informed decision-making, all of which are essential for cultural managers,
- Individualised approach to the academic and professional development of each student.
Courses include: Strategic Management in Culture, Cultural Policy and Cultural Rights, Management of Intercultural Art Projects, Marketing in Culture, Human Resources Management in Culture, Reading the Image of the Balkans, European Culture: Past, Present and Future, Management of Cultural Heritage, Policies of Performing Arts Festivals and Methodology of Research.
Dragan Klaić Fellowship for regional candidates:
Dragan Klaić Fellowship (student scholarship) is presented in memory of Prof. Dragan Klaić, PhD, theater scholar and cultural analyst. It is supported by the Open Society Foundations and the European Cultural Foundation.
In order to be taken into consideration for the Dragan Klaić Fellowship, nominations must be received together with application documents for the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management program.
All regional candidates applying for the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management program in both June and September application periods are eligible for the Fellowship consideration, however, the selection of candidates is conducted in September, when the list of accepted students is finalized.
Opportunities for Francophone students:
- AUF Regional Mobility Programme for Master Students (deadline 18 July 2015): http://www.auf.org/bureau-europe-centrale-et-orientale/appels-offre-regionales/appel-candidatures-allocations-pour-des-mobilites-/
- AUF annual fellowship program for internships in Francophone countries: http://www.auf.org/bureau-europe-centrale-et-orientale/appels-offre-regionales/mobilites-de-stage-professionnel-2015/
For more information:
1. see the documents attached,
3. or contact the programme coordinator directly.
UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management
Events Calendar07 / 2020