Call for Proposals: ICCPR 2014 Conference
For the ICCPR2014 we invite proposals for panels and individual papers on the study of cultural policy and the relationship between culture and politics broadly defined. A panel is defined here as a session on a specific topic having some committed participants: a chair, 3/4 presenters, and a discussant. We encourage proposals in the widest range of disciplines, provided they make an original academic contribution to the conference theme. Proposals based on research on cultural policy that is primarily ‘instrumental’ (such as market research) or on research designed for the purposes of advocating a preconceived institutional position will not be accepted. This does not exclude applied research of high academic quality.
Proposals are to be send to iccpr2014[at]uni-hildesheim.de
You are invited to submit papers and panels on the following or related topics:
- Cultural policy and globalization
- Cultural policy and cultural diversity / diversity of cultural expressions
- Cultural policy, foreign cultural policy, cultural diplomacy and international relations
- Artist policy
- Infrastructures of the arts, arts education and arts landscapes
- Theatre and music policy
- Arts policy, cultural policy and development
- Cultural policy and development policy
- Cultural policy and processes of transformation
- Cultural policy and conflict
- Cultural policy and arts education / mediation of arts
- Cultural policy as welfare policy
- Creativity and the city
- Culture, art and economy
- Cultural policy and cultural industries
- Cultural policy, religion and secularism
- Intellectuals and cultural policy
- Politics of cultural policy
- Cultural policy and values
- Historiographies of cultural policy
- Implicit cultural policy
- Comparative cultural policy
- Cultural policy in different regions of the world
- Media and politics, media policy
- Digital culture and cultural policy
- The politics of memory
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for an individual paper, please fill the submission form by February 1st 2014. The proposal must not exceed 500 words (excluding bibliography) and should include the following:
- Research questions that the paper will address to
- Methodological approach
- Description of what is original about the research
In addition, an illustrative bibliography should be included, and will demonstrate knowledge of relevant literature.
Proposals received after February 1st 2014 will not be considered. Participants will be notified of the decision regarding their proposals by April 15th 2014.
To submit a panel proposal you must provide the session title and abstract, relevant paper titles and abstracts, as well as the name, e-mail, rank, institutional affiliation, and role (i.e. chair, discussant, presenter) of all participants. Panel proposals should be sent to iccpr2014[at]uni-hildesheim.de .
All the submissions should be made in English. However, you can submit proposals for presentations and panels to be developed in German. In that case you should mention this circumstance in your proposal.
PUBLICATION OF CONFERENCE PAPERS AFTER THE CONFERENCE
To enable the publication of conference papers as articles in scholarly journals after the conference, conference papers are password protected and accessible to conference participants only.
The International Conference on Cultural Policy Research is organized in association with The International Journal of Cultural Policy, but an accepted paper at the conference does not guarantee publication of a subsequent article in The International Journal of Cultural Policy. After the conference, the members of the Scientific Committee are invited to recommend a selection of conference papers that might be developed for publication in the journal. If the authors of these papers accept this invitation, they will undergo the same review as any other submitted article. Conference participants are, of course, also free to submit their papers to this or any other journal, as they see fit.
The German organizers also plan to publish a selection of the papers presented at the conference.
Please note that if your proposal for a paper is accepted, you will be expected to submit the full text of your paper (max 8,000 words) by July 1st 2014. Further guidelines on both the submission and presentation of papers will be available when the selection process has been completed.
Events Calendar10 / 2021