Dragan Klaić Fellowship (student scholarship)
Dragan Klaić Fellowship - Regional Student Scholarship is presented in memory of Prof. Dragan Klaić, PhD, theater scholar and cultural analyst. It is supported by the Open Society Foundations and the European Cultural Foundation.
The Fellowship aims to encourage and stimulate candidates from the Balkan region to apply for this international master study program. It is given annually to the best candidate – to cover tuition fees, as well as student’s living costs in Belgrade during the academic year.
Total amount: USD6,000
Who is eligible for the Fellowship?
All regional candidates applying for the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management program in both June and September application periods are eligible for the Fellowship consideration, however, the selection of candidates is conducted in September, when the list of accepted students is finalized.
Candidates are selected on the basis of:
- Previous education achievements
- Demonstrated commitment to sustained interaction with students of other nationalities, languages or ethnic backgrounds in the spirit of international understanding and cooperation during their previous studies, or demonstrated commitment to development of community intercultural projects outside of the university
- Initiation of and participation in other relevant cultural activities (cultural activism)
- Motivation letter explaining future career goals and interests, as well as reasons for applying for the Fellowship.
In order to be taken into consideration for the Dragan Klaić Fellowship, nominations must be received together with application documents for the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management program.
Application evaluation process
- Application documents and personal profiles will be reviewed and evaluated by the entrance exam jury members of the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management and the Committee for the Dragan Klaić Fellowship Program.
- If needed, a Skype conference call / interview with a candidate will be arranged.
Dragan Klaić was a theater scholar and cultural analyst. He served as a Permanent Fellow of Felix Meritis Foundation in Amsterdam and taught Arts and Cultural Policy at the University of Leiden. He obtained a degree in Dramaturgy in Belgrade and a Doctorate in Theater History and Dramatic Criticism from Yale University. Klaić worked as a theater critic and dramaturge, held professorships at the University of Arts in Belgrade and University of Amsterdam, guest professorships in the USA, at the CEU Budapest and University of Bologna, led the Theater Instituut Nederland, co-founded the European Theater Quarterly Euromaske, and served as the President of the European Network of Information Centers for the Performing Arts and of the European Forum for the Arts and Heritage. His fields of engagement were contemporary performing arts, European cultural policies, strategies of cultural development and international cultural cooperation, interculturalism and cultural memory. He led complex international research projects, conceptualized numerous conferences and symposia, authored and edited publications. Klaić is the author of several books and hundreds of articles. He was the Chair of the European Festival Research Project. Dragan Klaić passed away in August 2011.
For more information about scholarship and deadlines, please visit official website of the University of Arts in Belgrade.
or contact the programme coordinator directly at:
Tel. +381 11 2624 281
Please feel free to forward this information to any interested parties.
Events Calendar08 / 2022