Darko Lukić, PhD
Darko Lukić, PhD, is a theater scholar, playwright, and novelist.
He is full time professor at the Academy of Drama Arts at the University of Zagreb, department of production, and guest professor at the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Zagreb - doctoral studies of theater, film, literature and culture.
BA in comparative literature and philosophy, MA in dramaturgy, and PhD in theatrology.
Also is certificated TQ trainer, and e-learning course designer.
His education and training includes also Tisch School of the Arts - New York University, Institute for Theater Anthropology - University of Copenhagen, European Academy for Culture and Management in Salzburg, and many seminars, workshops and educational trainings in Europe, USA, South America and Asia.
His professional experiences include positions of:
Artistic director of drama theaters like National Theater in Sarajevo, artistic director and manager of Theater &TD in Zagreb, positions of Vice Dean and Deputy Dean at Academy of Drama Arts University of Zagreb.
Social skills and competences
International cultural collaboration and cooperation: President of Council for international and EU cooperation Ministry of Culture of Croatia (2012...), member of Performing Arts Council City of Rijeka (2012...) Member of expert group of Council of Ministers of Culture South East Europe, 2013., Member of Programing Board of manifestation “Maribor, European Cultural Capital 2010” (from 2010), member of Jury for Prize “Jovan Hristic” (2011.), member of European electoral council for prize “Premio Europa” (2009), Member of Committee for International Collaboration, City Council Cultural Department, City of Zagreb (2005-2006), cultural politics: Member of Jury for “Marko Fotez” prize for theatrology Croatian Academy of Science and Art (2008), President of Board of Municipal Theatre “Gavella”, Zagreb (2007…), Member of Board for Theatre and Festivals of Ministry of Culture Republic of Croatia 2001-2004, President of the Theatre Board, City Council, City of Zagreb 2002-2005), Artistic Adviser for Cinematography Ministry of Culture and Croatian Television 2006-2008, Artistic adviser for Cinematography at Croatian Film Centre (2008) theatre education: (lecturing, teaching and leading workshops in Brazil, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy, Romania, Slovenia, USA, United Kingdom, Venezuela).
Publications & References
- “Introduction to Anthropology of Performance”, Leykam International, Zagreb, 2013.
- „Theater in its Enviroinment, vol 2. Intermediality and Interculturalism in theater“, Leykam International, Zagreb, 2011.
- „Theater, Culture, Transition“, Hrvatski Centar ITI, Zagreb, 2011.
- „Theater in its Enviroinment, vol 1. Theater Identities“, Leykam International, Zagreb, 2010.
- «Theater Production and Marketing, Second Edition», Hrvatski Centar ITI , Zagreb, 2010.
- „The War Trauma Drama“, Meandar, Zagreb, 2009.
- «Theater Production and Marketing», Hrvatski Centar ITI UNESCO, Zagreb, 2006.
Articles and Book Chapters:
- "Socially Formed Performative Identities", chapter in book “Spaces of Identity in the Performing Sphere, Zagreb, 2011.
- "Media technologies and new theater", chapter in book in “Digital Age; Mass Media and Digital Culture”, Sveučilište u Zadru, Medijska istraživanja, Zagreb/Zadar 2011.
- "Theater and Economic Enviroinment" Kazaliste, Zagreb, 2. 2010.
- "Time of a Certain Dramatic Challenge" in "Drama and Time", Sarajevo 2010.
- "Preface: To Use or to Spend the Budget Money?" in „Organizational Development and Strategic Planning in Culture: City of Zagreb“, Zagreb, 2008.
- "Theater Producer – The organizer of the Arts or The Artist of Organization?" Kazaliste, Zagreb, 33/34, 2008.
- "Transmedial Approach to the Theater" Kazaliste, Zagreb, 35/36 , 2008.
- "The Basic Problems of Theater (Post)Transition" Scena, Novi sad, 4, 2008.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Zagreb, Croatia
Education policy and culture, Sexuality and representation, Audience engagement and development, Lifestyle and urban cultures, Cultural cooperation and interculturality
Theater management, Media Culture and Arts Marketing on department of Production at BA and MA studies