ICTs in Library Studies, Education and Cultural Heritage
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +359 (0) 2 971 80 52/ +359 (0) 2 971 80 68 (office) +359 (0) 2 971 80 52 (fax)
- Website: http://www.unibit.bg/news/important-info/ict-unesco
- Address: 119, Tzarigradsko Shouse, Sofia, Bulgaria
Established in 2012 at the State University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia (Bulgaria).
ICTs in library studies, education and cultural heritage.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- carry out research on the use of ICTs in library studies, education and cultural heritage jointly with partners, and propose innovative ethodologies to inform policy and practice in this field;
- develop education materials related to the use of ICTs in library studies, education and cultural heritage, and provide graduate and postgraduate training to students, researchers and professionals;
- foster links and cooperation with relevant local and international institutions, as well as facilitate student and faculty exchanges, visiting professorships and scholarships; and,
- set up a platform for the exchange of ideas, resources and good practices, and help create a virtual community of practice in ICTs in library studies, education and cultural heritage.
Signing ceremony of the agreement between UNESCO and the State University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, establishing a UNESCO Chair on ICTs in Library Studies Education and Cultural Heritage (20 November 2012, UNESCO-HQ)
11 UNESCO Chairs in Distance education, E-learning and OER.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Contact: Professor Stoyan Dentchev, Rector
The State University of Library Studies and Information Technologies
Events Calendar10 / 2021