Intercultural and Interreligious Dialogue for South-East Europe
- Phone: +43 316 380-0 (office) +43 316 380-9140 (fax)
- Website: http://www-theol.uni-graz.at/cms/beitrag/10010216/35354/
- Address: Universitätsplatz 3, Graz, Austria
Established in 2007 at The Karl-Franzens University, Graz (Austria).
Intercultural and interreligious dialogue for South-East Europe.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of intercultural and interreligious dialogue for South-East Europe.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Austria and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and in other regions of the world.
- The purpose of this Chair shall also be: 1. To study common grounds and divergences between different religious traditions, particularly in South-East Europe; 2. To contribute to peaceful coexistence of the different cultures and religions, especially in South-East Europe; 3. To coordinate the teaching and research on intercultural, ecumenical and interreligious contacts and dialogue in South-East Europe within the Theological Faculty (in close cooperation with experts at other faculties of the University of Graz; 4. To reinforce the knowledge and awareness on intercultural and Interreligious issues in South-East Europe; 5. To participate in the UNITWIN Network on Intercultural and Interreligious Dialogue.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Basilius Groen, UNESCO Chairholder
The Karl-Franzens University, Institute for Liturgy, Christian Art and Hymnology
Events Calendar10 / 2021