The Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO)
The Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO) in the framework of its scientific cross-disciplinary research activities and policy studies, contributes to applied research and debate on current economic, political and social issues of global importance, as well as to the development of the Republic of Croatia in the international environment.
Fields of expertise:
- International economic and political relations
- European integration process
- Regional development and policy
- Sustainable development
- Energy policy and climate changes
- Competitiveness and development of entrepreneurship and clusters
- Cultural policies and communication
- Specific aspects of security in the international environment.
IRMO actively participates in:
- the development and execution of research projects,
- the elaboration of development strategies and programmes,
- the elaboration of analytical and policy documents for decision-makers,
- the development of public policies,
- the strengthening of administrative capacity on all levels related to the adoption of the EU legislative framework,
- the organization of seminars, international conferences and specialist training programs,
- the dissemination of the research results and information through the publication of books, professional journals, reviews, monographs and working papers,
- improving information exchange and networking.
Memberships and Networks
IRMO serves as focal point of CULTURELINK, the world-wide network founded by UNESCO and the Council of Europe.
IRMO has actively participated in numerous international research and educational programs such as TEMPUS, TACIS, ACE and ICEG.
Events Calendar10 / 2021