World Cultural and Urban Landscapes
- Address: Aachen, Germany
Established in 2012 at the Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen (Germany).
World cultural and urban landscapes
- The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- carry out research to broaden knowledge and know-how on the management of world cultural and urban landscapes;
- develop advanced interactive tools, including best-practice case studies, for planning, communication, mediation, assessment and sustainable development of world cultural and urban landscapes;
- develop a curriculum at postgraduate level and provide training;
- facilitate communication and knowledge-sharing among experts, decision and policy-makers, and local communities living in world cultural and urban landscapes; and,
- contribute to the establishment of a centre of excellence, and to exchange knowledge at a global level.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Kunibert Wachten, UNESCO Chairholder
Events Calendar10 / 2021